Noise from Road Traffic:
The noise pollution is always a annoyance or a nuisance now a days. Yup wherever you go the noise is always there.
In the city, the main sources of traffic noise are the motors and exhaust system of autos, smaller trucks, motorcycles, and buses. This type of noise can be augmented by narrow streets and tall buildings, which produce canyon in which the traffic noise reverberates.
Noise from Air Craft:
As the nation seeks to improve its nap-of-the-earth aircraft operations over National parks, wilderness areas and other areas has claimed national attention over recent years.
Noise from Railways:
While the railroads are carrying a heavy loads they produce high frequency, high level screech around 120 decibels at a distance of 100 feet, which will transfers the sound around to 138db or 140db railroad workers’ ear.
Noise from Construction:
A noise from this construction field might be from the pneumatic hammers, air compressorts, bulldozers, loaders, dump trucks, and pavement breakers.
Noise from Building:
The repairs to the existing house or the modification of the house might harm the neighborhood. Examples for that are plumbing, boilers, generators, air conditioners, fans and etc. While using the insulated walls when not properly constructed might even harm. When the windows are open the outdoor noise like traffic etc might arise.
Noise from Inside house:
The house hold equipment like Grinders, vacuum cleaners, etc are the continuous noise makers which we used to get to that daily. These noise’s contribution are not very large when compared on a day!
Ways to reduce the noise pollution.
- Do not use car horns unnecessarily. Areas like hospitals and campuses are silence zones and honking is prohibited there.
- Avoid loud music, which hurts your ears and others’ ears.
- Firecrackers are extremely loud. So don’t try and burn them unnecessarily.
- Motors, machines and vehicles also produce loud noises when not
maintained properly. Proper maintenance should be carried out for
- If you are working in an area where there are loud noises, you must wear earplugs to prevent loss of hearing.
- When going to theme parks and such, avoid riding on the rides which
produce a lot of noise. One example is the ATV, which is like a huge
If you have any more ideas to reduce the noise pollution do post it.